Check out our Family Adventure Day Video Here!
What to Bring
Details & Pricing
If you have ever thought about taking your family on an event where everyone in the group would have fun, learn something about themselves, and work together, then this is the trip for you. We love working with families and kids and have been doing these family-oriented canyoneering days for many years. We have priced this trip for families since one person is often footing the bill for the entire group. A price break does not mean a drop in quality or a watered-down experience.
"This trip was the best day of our 10 day vacation. I never imagined my teenage daughters so involved with the ropes and knots, and my husband sure surprised me too! Thank you for a wonderful experience, we're sending our neighbors next year!" Anne Becker, Chicago, IL.
- No experience required but...
- Family with children age 5 & up
- Consensus from family members (everyone is ready and willing)
You will descend a technical canyon that includes, but may not be limited to:
- 1 hour hike w/ 800 ft elevation gain
- Up to 5 rappels, 20 to 100 ft in length
- Possible wading or swimming in canyon pools
- Opportunities for scrambling, climbing, and pushing boundaries
Designed with family dynamics in mind. We accommodate parents and children from age five on up through the teenage years. The family determines the pace of the day.
You will learn and apply:
- Knots, ropes & anchors
- Belay & safety systems
- Rappelling - Canyoneering basics
- "Leave No Trace" practices
- We provide all the necessary technical gear for your experience, but recommend you bring:
- 2 quarts of water/person & food/snacks
- Sunscreen and swimsuit in summer
- Warm synthetic clothes
- LOGISTIC DETAILS
*Early reservations advised. Dates tend to book 30 to 45 days out, June through August. Check your calendar and book early.
- Meet for morning instruction at Zion Adventure Company at 36 Lion Blvd., across from the Quality Inn.
- 7 days/week, year-round
- Trip begins at 7:30 am (Mountain Daylight Time)
- Drive time is between 35 - 75 minutes, depending on season and locale
- Trips return between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m.
| One on One:
| Two or Three:
| Four or Five:
|Six or More:
Trips are 100% refundable up to 30 days prior to departure. Once inside the 30-day window, we deduct a 25% cancellation fee from any refunds. You may apply this 25% fee toward any future services or products we offer within two years from the date of cancellation. Cancellations within 24 hours of trip departure are non-refundable.
CAPTURE YOUR EXPERIENCE
Enlighten photography's Seth Hamel and Kate Hope are professional adventure and landscape photographers specializing in canyoneering, rock climbing, and portrait photography. Their professional yet easy going approach to adventure photography is guaranteed to capture the best moments of the day without distracting from your adventure; with this approach it takes very little time to forget about the camera.
MONEY BACK SATISCATION GUARANTEE
Half Day Trip Photography: $250
Full Day Trip Photography: $375
*Includes high resolution images and a gallery for downloading
- All photos were captured by a local professional photographer. These photographers are available to accompany you on your trip and capture your experience.
For details and pricing visit the Details & Pricing Tab on the left.