Winter Rock Adventure Day
What to Bring
Details and Pricing
- The Winter Rock Adventure Day offers the same fun, safe, and educational introduction to rock climbing as our regular-season Rock Adventure Day. Due to the cold winter temperatures at the higher elevations of the Zion area, our winter rock trips will travel about 1 hour to sunny St. George, Utah. 1,000 feet lower than Springdale, St George offers a warmer, and much more comfortable winter climbing experience, with many options for all ability levels. Indeed, climbers from all over the world travel to St. George to sample the fantastic sandstone climbing and comfortable temperatures the area has to offer during the winter.
- No experience required
- Everyone in the group must be ready to take responsibility for each others' safety
- Not curriculum-heavy but still offering skill sets appropriate to your interests, our main focus is having fun, being safe, and getting time on the rock with friends and other groups.
- Climbs from 40 to 100 feet
- Opportunities for easy, moderate, and very challenging climbing
- Opportunities to learn belaying and rappelling skills
- Basic rock skill sets with a main focus on experiencing the variety and challenge rock climbing offers:
- Knots and rope work
- Safety essentials
- Basic hand and footwork
- We will provide all the necessary technical equipment for your adventure we recommend you bring:
- 2 liters of water /person
- Lunch and snacks
- Warm layers and wind jacket
- Light hiking pants to protect your knees
- Light hiking shoe or sneakers
- LOGISTIC DETAILS
- Meet for morning instruction at Zion Adventure Company at 36 Lion Blvd., across from the Quality Inn.
- 7 days/week, winter-season
- Class begins at 8:00 am (Mountain Daylight Time)
- Drive time is about 45 minutes
- Trips return between 3:30 and 5:30 pm
|One on One:
|Two or More:
*Due to a smaller guide staff during the winter months we have limited availability to facilitate groups larger than 5 people. Please contact us as far in advance as possible for large group bookings
Trips are 100% refundable up to 30 days prior to departure. Once inside the 30-day window, we deduct a 25% cancellation fee from any refunds. You may apply this 25% fee toward any future services or products we offer within two years from the date of cancellation. Cancellations within 24 hours of trip departure are non-refundable.
CAPTURE YOUR EXPERIENCE
Enlighten photography's Seth Hamel and Kate Hope are professional adventure and landscape photographers specializing in canyoneering, rock climbing, and portrait photography. Their professional yet easy going approach to adventure photography is guaranteed to capture the best moments of the day without distracting from your adventure; with this approach it takes very little time to forget about the camera.
MONEY BACK SATISCATION GUARANTEE
Half Day Trip Photography: $389
Full Day Trip Photography: $449
*Includes high resolution images and a gallery for downloading